Skip to main content

Hello,

I created a template for a consent form and I need to use that form sometimes several time in the same envelope. There are fields that i have to put specified information like names and date of birth which I input as a first signer of the document. Here’s the problem, every time I do that, the information that I typed on the first consent form, it auto populates to the 2nd consent form, essentially giving me duplicate documents. How to I stop it from copy the information from the first form to the second form?

Thanks

@JCGGRC - To address the issue of duplicated information in your DocuSign documents, you need to ensure that the fields on each consent form document are uniquely identified so that the data entered in one form does not auto-populate into another form within the same envelope. Here are the steps you can take to prevent this:

1. Ensure that each field on each form has a unique field name (label).
  2. Select a field (e.g., Name or Date of Birth) on the first consent form.
  3. In the properties panel, make sure the field name is unique (e.g., Name1, DOB1).
  4. Repeat the process for the fields on the second consent form, ensuring these fields have different names (e.g., Name2, DOB2).

If you need more detailed guidance or step-by-step screenshots, please let me know!

@JCGGRC What you are experiencing is called “data replication. This happens when multiple fields share the same Data Label.   Data Labels are found to the right panel after highlighting the field in question. So when you apply the same Template over a different document in the same envelope in essence you create a data replication situation since Field A on document A is the same data label as Field B on document B.  

Best solution I can think of is to copy the Template one or more times then edit these copies so that each field “data label” is unique on each Template, then when using the Template A and then applying Template B the data labels are different.

Here is a more indepth look at the issue.

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Why-is-Data-Replicating-in-Multiple-Fields-Using-Data-Population-Scope

Hi @JCGGRC,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.