Skip to main content

Dear all,

I am currently using DocuSign to request signatures on a document that requires input from three recipients. 
I would like to set up the document so that it is considered complete as soon as two out of the three recipients have signed it. 
Could you please provide guidance on whether this is possible and how to configure it?

Specifically, I am looking for information on the following:

How to configure a document so that, out of three recipients, only two signatures are needed for the document to be automatically completed.
Whether this feature is available with the standard DocuSign functionality or if additional settings or a specific plan are required.
I would appreciate your assistance with the methods and procedures to achieve this setup. 
If additional information is required or if this feature is available under a specific plan, please let me know.

Hello @Sunghoon Yoo ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you are trying to create a workflow were 3 recipients are added but only 2 out of those 3 signatures are needed.

There isn’t an actual way to create such a workflow. There is a workaround in which you can create signing groups with those three recipients and add it twice to the signing order, however, there is a possibility that the same recipient sign the document twice, in that case there isn’t much that can be done.

For more information on signing groups, please view: Add Signing Groups

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.
Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Sunghoon Yoo ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!