Skip to main content

How to send envelope link or reminder when you're not the owner of process?

I am not the person that created the document. The creator is out of office. How can I send a reminder for the signers that are missing?

@Leticia

Per default only the owner is able to send reminders, which is typically the sender. There is the option to set up Shared Access in DocuSign eSignature to grant these permissions to additional users. In your case “Manage” rights would be the level you are looking for.

See the following DocuSign Support Article for details on Shared Access.

Maybe you can talk to your DocuSign Admin to set up Shared Access for you? 

Hello, really thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, the manager person is out of office on vacation.

Could I send some link for the signer missing?

Envelope ID: 7f4d2f74-4aef-4da3-a176-d95d75ca9141

Regards,

@Leticia

No. Unfortunately, you cannot generate a link for the signer to click on.

You need to be the owner or have access rights in DocuSign to do so. Your DocuSign Administrator is able to trigger a reminder from the envelope or transfer the envelope ownership to you or may set up shared access.

You may send the signer an individual email if you know his email address and ask him to look for the email from DocuSign that he received to sign the contract or sign into his DocuSign account to view the pending documents and sign them.

Hello @Leticia ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!