Skip to main content

I have a document that is partially signed that I need to update a recipient email address for.  They have not opened or signed it yet.

However, in the Sent folder, clicking on the menu (three dots), there is no “Correct” option…??

I referred to this (https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item) but there is nothing between the Move & Copy options.

Hi @mceddiet

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand you are looking for the steps on how to correct your envelopes, and I will share more details on the topic.

You can apply changes to any envelope or recipient that has not been marked as completed.  

Once a recipient completes their action (or the envelope), the system will not accept any further alterations. 

You can find more details regarding how to correct an envelope, here: Correct an Envelope

It is important to note that Free plans lack access to correcting envelopes, this could be the reason behind why the option is not listed on the Actions dropdown menu.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

It appears that free accounts don’t have the access to correct an envelope - only paid subscriptions.