Skip to main content

Hi all, 

I am using the free trial of e-signature in order to find out if its something for our company. I want to send my first agreement, but now I found out that the signers have to click on every initial page individually. They told me that they normally dont have to do that, as filling it in once should be sufficient. I have looked everywhere, but I cannot seem to find this option. Can anyone help me?

@NHC

It is not possible to click on one initial field and that this automatically fills all initial fields in the entire documents. That behaviour would make the initial redundant. Having that said it is uncommon to use initially on every page in a digital world, as paged cannot be exchanged or tampered with, so there is no need at all.

A signature field on the last page of the document is sufficient and there is no difference in legality. Hence, I suggest not to put initials on every single page of the document, as it will create frustration with your recipients that need to click every single one with no value added. You may left a single initial if you want, but this is typically also not required when there is a signature field for them to sign off on the document.

Thanks for your quick reply @mrave!

Hello @NHC ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!