Skip to main content
How do I stop DocuSign from sending reminder emails for signatures?

You can disable Reminders through the Advanced Options on the envelope. If this was already sent, go to the "Correct" option then Advanced Options and uncheck "Send automatic reminders", Save and finish correcting.

Hello!! I cannot locate the "Advanced Options" in my set up? Would you be so kind to assist?  Thank you!

@Donna Jane Bacon​ Are you creating a new envelope from a Template or correcting an envelope? Typically the "Advanced Options" Edit is located by the email messaging near the bottom of the envelope in which you are adding Recipients. Perhaps a screenshot of what you currently see could help.

Hello!!

What happened is, I sent the document with an incorrect phone number and now the borrower keeps receiving incorrect form.

Donna J Bacon

Donna J Bacon
CBNA Retail Home Equity Operations
NMLS#: 1189569
1000 Technology Dr
O’Fallon MO 63368
866.249.8357 – Customer Service – option 6
866.645.0301 – Fax

***Branch personnel: Please send all documents via email to CHE Retail Imaging KFX_KIC_CHERetail@imcnam.ssmb.com unless directed***

When using email to send confidential documents, remember that the internet is not always secure. Please visit http://www.citimortgage.com and click on Help to find directions on sending secure emails.

Within a few days after closing, you will receive an electronic survey regarding your satisfaction with the service Citibank and I have provided. At Citibank, we strive to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and your feedback helps to make this possible. We appreciate any feedback you choose to provide. Thank you for your business!

So you are "correcting" an envelope due to a mistake on the document that was sent? Sounds like if the Recipient has not signed and there is a mistake on the document you could "correct" the envelope and switch out the document. But I need more exact information on exactly what you need to do to the envelope. Turning off "reminders" will stop new email notifications to that Recipient but it will not change the document.

I already sent a new corrected document, and now the incorrect document is still being sent to the borrower. If I can stop the reminders, that would be perfect!

Donna J Bacon

Donna J Bacon
1000 Technology Dr
O’Fallon MO 63368
866.645.0301 – Fax

***Branch personnel: Please send all documents via email to CHE Retail Imaging KFX_KIC_CHERetail@imcnam.ssmb.com unless directed***

When using email to send confidential documents, remember that the internet is not always secure. Please visit http://www.citimortgage.com and click on Help to find directions on sending secure emails.

Within a few days after closing, you will receive an electronic survey regarding your satisfaction with the service Citibank and I have provided. At Citibank, we strive to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and your feedback helps to make this possible. We appreciate any feedback you choose to provide. Thank you for your business!

Not sure I understand what is happening or how. Did you send this new document in a new envelope or did you correct the original envelope and adjust the document?

I accidently sent the document with an incorrect phone number for the borrower; I need that document to stop sending reminders to the borrower as I have already created a new document and sent to the borrower.

I didn’t know we could correct a document as that was never explained to us nor do I know where to find that information.

Donna J Bacon

Donna J Bacon
1000 Technology Dr
O’Fallon MO 63368
866.645.0301 – Fax

"Voiding" the envelope would stop Reminders especially since this is an envelope with a document with the wrong phone number. That seems like a better option than changing the Reminders because the envelope would still be active if you don't void it and as you mentioned you sent a new document to the Borrower with the appropriate email.

Note, as the Sender you still should be able to correct an envelope. Have you tried correcting and going to the area where you see the email subject and body, to locate the Advanced Options. Again not sure why you are not seeing that option but I am also not sure exactly where you are looking without the ability to see your screens.

This is the challenge – I don’t send via an envelope, I just create the form and send thru DocuSign, it comes to me, and I input the loan number.

So, no envelope – no way of voiding/removing the email to stop sending reminders?

Donna J Bacon

Donna J Bacon
1000 Technology Dr
O’Fallon MO 63368
866.645.0301 – Fax

Perhaps the disconnect is the DocuSign plan or type you use. Is this DocuSign for Real Estate and does this revolve around Transaction Rooms?

It is for home equity lines of credit; not real estate. I do not know what is “Transactions Rooms”; please advise.

Donna J Bacon

Donna J Bacon
1000 Technology Dr
O’Fallon MO 63368
866.645.0301 – Fax

Maybe if you gave me the steps you use to send the document I could relate to the question and possibly the answer. I use an Enterprise DocuSign account and I create an envelope in which I add document(s), Recipients and tags, the envelope is basically the container. Outside of Real Estate Accounts I am unawrae of other methods of sending a document through DocuSign outside of an envelope.

New
Use a Template
Shared w/Me
Select the appropriate document
Add Selected

UNDER RECIPIENTS:
Input the borrower’s name/email/access code/phone number

UNDER ENVELOPE CUSTOM FIELDS:
Borrower’s name and account number
Message to All Recipients

Now I see the “Advance Options”, but does me no good, as the one I need to stop sending reminders, has already been sent, and I no longer have this option; I pull up the incorrect document, but all I get is the page that requires her signature.

Here’s the session information:

/cid:image008.jpg@01D55C25.F1623C30]

Donna J Bacon

Donna J Bacon
1000 Technology Dr
O’Fallon MO 63368
866.645.0301 – Fax

Excellent thank you for the steps, we are making some headway. By using the Template you are creating an envelope with the details of that Template. as you noted you see the Advanced Options here, then you add the document,, Recipients, tag and send. Now when you "correct" you are stating that you do not see Advanced Options which I believe is because the interface you use is different then mine. When you "correct" do you see "Add, Select, Prepare, and Review" across the top? If so then the Reminders can be changed on the "Review" step on the "Options" in the right corner, next to the word "Summary".

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/dses-user-guide

When I say ‘correct’, what I mean is I re-created a new document and resent, because none of us here knows how to correct a copy that has been emailed.

I’ll try the link – thank you!

The guide does a step by step on "correcting an envelope which should be helpful.

This is not an option for me, because under “SENT” there’s a message that reads: No activity in the last 6 months; load all”. Nothing to upload – so why is that!!!?!??

/cid:image009.jpg@01D55C28.1CDE36F0]

Donna J Bacon

Donna J Bacon
1000 Technology Dr
O’Fallon MO 63368
866.645.0301 – Fax

Check that there are no "filters" applied to that Folder, which is the only thing I can think of that would cause envelopes you "Sent" not to show up, unless of course you delete them or move them to another folder....