Skip to main content
How do I change someone's title in my contacts?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you are looking to change someone's title in your contacts.

Personal contacts do not have the option to edit/add titles. If you see a contact with a title, it is most likely an internal contact and only an admin on the account or the user themselves can change their title: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=tbf1583277425453.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

I'm sorry, I think I misspoke. I need to change someone's title. When I send her a document to sign and she enters the title it automatically populates with an old title. She has a new title and wants it to be recognized. I need to know how to do that.

Thank you,

Marilyn

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back and for clarifying.

If the signer is internal, I would recommend reaching out to the admin to have the title changed or have her go to Manage Profile > Contact Info > Update, and then have them clear their cookies and cache. As the sender, I recommend correcting the envelope and changing her to the recently updated contact.

If she is external from your account, please have her go to her DocuSign account and to Manage Profile > Contact Info > Update and have her clear cookies and cache, and as the sender, I recommend just resending.

Best regards,

Hi Nathaly,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I have tried to go to my internal contacts but cannot figure out how to find them. Can you please provide instructions on how I can locate them in my system?

Thank you,

Marilyn

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Internal users can only be modified by the admin or by the user themselves. The admin can do this by going to:

1. Settings
  2. Users
  3. Look for the needed user and select edit: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=tbf1583277425453.html&_LANG=enus

If you do not see the Settings option in the headers (usually next to reports), it means you are not an admin and will need to reach out to them to make the change. If you do not know who the admin is, please contact your help desk or IT department.

Best regards,