Skip to main content

In the 'Send for external review' step, the document section seems to be only allowing 1 document to be selected. How do I select more than 1 document ? I chose the 'Use a Variable' and I can only select 1 document variable, but I need to be able to select 3 document variables for the external user to review and sign, if anyone has tried it successfully please let me know ? thanks ! Joyce

The step takes a variable to indicate what document(s) you are going to send. You can use either a simple variable or an xml variable for these purposes.

If you want to use a simple variable, you will need to build the variable such that it will contain a pipe-delimited list of the DocIds that would want to send.

If you want to use an xml variable, you will need to build the variable such that it will contain multiple "Document" nodes in the "Documents" node where each Document is a document you want to send.

Personally, since I probably already have references to each individual document in their own Xml variables, I usually find it easier to build a simple variable with multiple DocIds. To do that, you would need to declare a variable of type Text and then use the Expression Builder to build it...

GetVariableValue("XmlVarOfDoc1.Id") + "|" + GetVariableValue("XmlVarOfDoc2.Id") + "|" + GetVariableValue("XmlVarOfDoc3.Id")

Hi, Thanks for your suggestiont, I am testing it now to see if it works.