Skip to main content

We have 4 user accounts for eSignature, paying $300 per year each. However we only seem to have 1 subscription seat and therefore only 100 envelopes between us. We have sent a total of 230 over the year, so we keep getting warning messages to add seats. But shouldn’t we automatically have 4 seats/400 envelopes if we’re paying $1200?

I can’t work out how to add seats without paying more.

Any help on this appreciated! 

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you keep being requested to add seats, even though you have purchased access for 4 users in your account, but I will help you get to the bottom of the issue.

You are right, on the fact that 4 users should give you access to 400 sends throughout your yearly subscription term.

In order to confirm if this behavior is caused by a problem within the system, please run an usage report starting from your plan’s activation date in Reports>Usage>Account Activity Report. And, confirm if you might be close to hitting your plan’s yearly quota

For detailed steps on this process, see:

How do I see how many envelopes my account has used?

If you have confirmed that you are not close to exhausting your quota, but keep being asked to purchase more seats, we will need to take a closer look at the account’s back end configuration.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Alejandro,

I’ve run the report for 2 April 2023 to today and we have sent 237 envelopes in total.

So definitely not using our full quota. Please let me know if there is anything I can do within the account, or if you need to update something in the background.

Thanks

Hi @SamB,

Thank you for following up.

We will need to take a closer look at your account usage and configuration, in order to locate the root cause of the problem.

To do so, please create a case and have a Support Expert take a closer look at your setup. 

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @SamB,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hello, no the advice I was given by support was ‘add more seats and you won’t be charged’.

So I added one and was charged pro-rated to the end of my billing year (luckily only $18)

So then I removed this extra seat, and that seemed to rectify the seats to envelopes quota. 

Hi @SamB,

Thank you for following up.

I appreciate you taking the time to share the solution to your issue. This will help future users facing the same scenario.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,