Skip to main content

Sometimes I fill in an address or a sentence by using "Text" from the fields input. I don't think other signers can see it. I uncheck "required" and I check "Read Only". But when I go to the file, nothing appears. Its information which I want all the recipients to see.

In order for text to appear across all Recipients, especially when you fill it in as the Sender and when that field is associated to a Recipient further down in the workflow you need to enable an Account setting called "When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the field for all recipients" which is under "Sending Settings" in the Admin Console which requires a DocuSign Admin to enable. This would allow you to say enter an Address for Recipient 3 in a field assigned to Recipient 3. Upon doing this if the setting mentioned was not enabled then Recipient 1 and 2 would not see the pre-filled address. If the setting is enabled then Recipient 1 and 2 would see the data set for Recipient 3 (only Recipient 3 could edit that data if not set to Read-Only).

David,

Thank you very much. That answered my question. I have made the changes.

Anthony J. Marano, GRI, SRES

tmarano@bellsouth.net

Realty Plus

1505 S. Crystal Lake Drive

Orlando FL 32806

Office: (407) 894-5432

Cell: (407) 484-0268