Skip to main content
How can you extend the deadline for signature?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I understand that you are looking to extend the expiration time frame related to your envelope, and I'll gladly provide more details on the process.

You are welcome to update the envelope expiration settings during a correction. Once you have started to edit the envelope, the option to manage the expiration setting will be included as part of the envelope's advanced options.

It is important to note that the option to edit these settings can be locked by an account administrator in the account Sending Settings.

You can learn more on how to correct an envelope and update its expiration settings, here:

To correct an envelope

Set advanced options for an envelope or template

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hi , Thank you so much for the very quick response! This is very good to know. Is there anything that can be done in the current envelope to extend the expiration time frame? I may just have the sender just print out the document with the signatures that have been received, and have the final signer sign in person when they are back in the Fall. Thank you

Actually, our account admin came in and was able to follow your instructions to correct the envelope / extend the expiration date.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi,

Thank you for following up. 

I am glad to hear that you found the resources I shared useful, please take into consideration selecting the comment as the "Best Answer" if you find that it helped you solve your issue. 

And, please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible.  

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!