Skip to main content
Hi, Is there a way to edit the frequency of the automatic reminders to the signers?

Yes, when you are in the process of creating an envelope, go to Advanced Options to see the settings for Reminders...you should see the following:

Number of days before sending first reminder: 

Number of days between reminders:

These are set to a default value based on an Account level setting.

Hi,

Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community!

Here is a guide to assist you with tweaking the frequency of automatic reminders >> https://support.docusign.com/guides/ndse-admin-guide-reminders-and-expirations

Thank you, for your assistance!

Donna

Community Moderator

Can you change the frequency reminder on a sent envelope without resending?

@Kayla Diemer​ 

Yess, as long as the envelope has not been fully competed, the Sender (or a shared user/Admin) can 'correct' the envelope and modify the Reminders.

When correcting the frequency, it will not send the receiver an additional email or notification?

@Kayla Diemer​ Notifications are set on a User basis, under My Preferences, and the majority of my experience is that Users will have all Notifications enabled. This means that the Recipient Notification that states "The sender corrects an envelope", would be enabled and therefore if the Sender corrects then that responsible Recipient would get notified. The notification goes to the Recipient who is responsible to take the next action and not ALL Recipients on the envelope.

Thank you!

I was trying to avoid our clients from receiving an additional email when we corrected the frequency on envelopes that have been sent and are not complete. Based on the below, I assumed we did not have to modify user preferences.

The change to Reminders is more of a change to an envelope setting then a User (Recipient) change. Although the DocuSign article is not explicit, I do not believe that making a change to the Reminder frequency alone would trigger a new notification to the current Recipient. But if for example you set the Reminder from 3 days to 1 day it would increase or potentially trigger that Reminder notification if applicable.

That is the answer I was needing. Thank you!

I would like to know how you even know if a reminder has been sent.  I believe it doesn’t even work.

Hi, 

I know you can change the reminders. The standard in docuign is 3 days. When i change the reminder, the setting will go back to 3 days again when i upload a new document. The standard of reminder is not changing. Is it possible to change the settings and that the standard is by example 7 days? So you dont have the change the settings all the time when you upload a new document.