Skip to main content

So I am creating a template for the first time and came across an add on called “Healthcare” fields. I used it to create my template fields, but it is asking me for patient information.  When I send it to an outside client it gives me an error message that those fields are there. Is there a way to change the field or bypass this?

Hi SantaJohn,

Welcome  to our DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to understand how to manage your envelope custom fields, and I will help clarify the topic.

Are these fields Envelope Custom Fields? Or, are you referring to fields in your document?

If you are looking to manage the required Envelope Custom Fields for your account, an administrator will need to update the current selection in Settings>Envelope Custom Fields.

In the case that you might be referring to fields in your document, you can delete them by selecting them and clicking delete in your keyboard. Or, you can make them not required fields in Field Properties>Required.

You can find more details on these topics, here:

Delete Envelope Custom Fields

Edit Field Properties

Add Fields to Documents

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Hi @SantaJohn,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!