Skip to main content

is there a way to set a fixed height on all boxes added? Ideally, I’d like 12 to be fixed height. I set this to all custom fields that I created, but when I go to start a new document, the height on almost all custom fields resets to no value making the boxes taller than I’d like.

Hello

It is possible with fixed positioning. Please give a try & let us know if you need further help.

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue and mark it as resolved

Thanks & Regards

Sai HariPriya Dandamudi | Developer Support Engineer | DocuSign

This is helpful for another scenario I’m thinking of creating, so thanks for sending over! Although it doesn’t address my original issue. I’m looking to create a text box that doesn’t block other text in the PDF document that I’m turning into an agreement to be signed. I thought if I created a custom field and saved it with height parameters in place, it would be able to carry on to future use of the same custom field, but it resets it when I open a new document and try again. As a quick fix, I’m having to change the settings on all custom fields to a height of 12 when I start an envelope before I’m able to place any fields so that they’re all the right height that doesn’t block other text.

Is there a setting to keep boxes the same height throughout all documents? Or some way to ensure the custom field stays with a certain height that I’ve set?

Hello Team,

Thank you for your prompt response. I propose the following approach: let's create these fields/tabs in a template and then utilize that template to generate an envelope. By doing so, we can assess whether the size details are being altered or not. I've previously attempted similar steps with a template, and it didn't modify the sizes of checkboxes for newly created envelopes using templates.

Please inform me if this solution proves helpful. If you encounter persistent issues, I would suggest logging a case through DS Support for further assistance.

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue and mark it as resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Sai HariPriya Dandamudi | Developer Support Engineer | DocuSign

Hi @b3accounting,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

It was not helpful because these are text boxes that are being added to similar, but different documents each time they’re being used. The placement of boxes won’t remain the same from page to page, so starting a blank envelope isn’t helpful.

Hi @b3accounting,

I hope you are doing well.

Is the option of using a PDF with form fields a feasible one? you can create the fields with Adobe and the DocuSign System should recognize those fields.

When uploading a PDF with form fields to DocuSign, you have the option to assign the fields to a recipient, keep the form field data as read-only, or delete the fields and their data. This is useful for managing documents such as insurance applications that are filled out by customers and need to go through an internal review process. Send a PDF with Form Fields

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.