Skip to main content

Students submit “petitions” through DocuSign from our website. Once they have submitted the petition, they do not receive an email from DocuSign saying that they have submitted the form nor does it appear in their homepage dashboard. The only option they have once they have submitted the form is to save a PDF version. Is there a way for DocuSign to send the student an acknowledgement of the form being submitted with a link to how to see it again in DocuSign?

@dcurioso You can create this by adding in a “feedback” Recipient.  I am assuming you are using a Powerform so lets say you have the following Recipient workflow:

Recipient 1 Signing Order 1 - Needs to Sign (Student)

Recipient 2 Signing Order 2 - Needs to Sign (Faculty)

You would edit the workflow to look like this:

Recipient 1 Signing Order 1 - Needs to Sign (Student)

Recipient 2 Signing Order 2 - Receives a Copy (Student)

Recipient 3 Signing Order 3 - Needs to Sign (Faculty)

Make sure to use the same Recipient Role for the Student so that the information the Student adds into Recipient 1 automatically duplicates to Recipient 2, then hide Recipient 2 with the Advanced settings for the Recipient (do not edit, do not delete).  Then set Custom Emails for each Recipient, and the second Recipient (CC) gets a message that says “Thank you for completing the submission, this takes XX time to process, contact XX if you have questions etc etc”.

Also upon getting the “Receives a Copy” the envelope would land in their Inbox IF they have a DocuSign account.

Thank you very much.

Hi @dcurioso,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!