Skip to main content

I sent an envelope to a signer, their witness and someone else to receive a Copy. However, I mistyped the last email address but didn't notice. DocuSign stated that the Copy was received but it wasn't as the email address was incorrect.

I only found out because the person who was supposed to receive the Copy never got it, obviously. So I went back to check and spotted my mistake.

Does DocuSign warn anywhere that it cannot check the veracity of email addresses?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience, DocuSign sends the envelope to valid email addresses, in this case even though the email wrong was due to a typo, the email might be a valid one for another person, and the envelope will be sent, the system will only prompt a message when the email does not exist at all or if a response is received from the email provider for the intended recipient.

Was the envelope sent to a public domain or private domain?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi, thank you for your quick response.

The incorrect email address definitely doesn't exist. I just tried sending an email to that address from my Gmail account and I immediately received a reply from Gmail saying "Address not found"

Hello,

Thank you for the information, in this situation I recommend opening a case with DocuSign Support and providing them with the envelope ID so they can run a query on the envelope notifications that were sent, to determine the cause for this and provide you with a proper resolution.

A case is needed because private information will be reviewed and that information cannot be discussed in this public forum, we apologize for that inconvenience.

Useful Resources:

Where can I find the Envelope ID?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Will do. Thanks, Christopher.