Skip to main content

Hello, I received a email from DocuSign.  It says McAfee invoice and description of complete network security that I didn't purchase valued of $399.99.  The worst part is that 2 minutes after I received another email stating that I had signed and complete.  Is this a scam?

Hello @OBS,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that you have received a possible scam notification.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, Docusign’s trust is top priority and reports of suspicious activity are taken seriously. It’s imperative that security concerns are shared with us to ensure issues are addressed timely and appropriately, please visit https://www.docusign.com/trust/security/incident-reporting.

This page outlines the difference between imitation of Docusign via spoofing or impersonation used in phishing campaigns off platform and the improper use of Docusign customer accounts to commit fraud on platform — as well as the correct reporting channel for each.

Attempts to trick people into believing that emails are related to or from an actual Docusign customer account are imitation attempts. Conversely, concerns related to an actual Docusign customer account are considered fraud and improper use of our platform. 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @OBS,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.