Skip to main content

I’m editing a Template document.I have multiple signers. When trying to add signers it duplicates the prior signer. I’ve deleted and re-entered and it still duplicates. What am I doing wrong.

Hi @Overwhelmed,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

Are you applying multiple templates to your envelope?

This behavior tends to be caused by duplicate recipients in templates that differ in their name or configuration. If you are facing this scenario, then the solution to the issue would be ensuring that all the Recipient Roles in your templates have the same configuration (authentication settings, message, signing order position, etc...), and this will cause the recipients to be merged whenever you use these templates in the same envelope. For more details on this topic, see:

When can I merge recipients?

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

​Hi @Overwhelmed,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!