Skip to main content

We have Power Forms that go directly to our accounting team when completed.  They are gettin duplicate copies of these completed forms.  Is this just us or is anyone else having this issue?

@smccoy Duplicate notifications can occur depending on the number of times the same Recipient may appear or based on whether the Sender is perhaps the same as a Recipient who is “Needs to Sign”, “Needs to View” or a “Receives a Copy”.  Many times I see Users send an envelope (Sender) and add themselves to the “Receives a Copy” in the envelope workflow which does often trigger more notifications then required.  I would suggest a quick reevaluation of the envelope or Template workflow to determine if there are any steps or Recipients that could be eliminated for efficiency.

It looks like all completed forms are being sent twice.

Is there a way for me to correct this?  Thank you so much.

@smccoy Were you able to review the envelope/ Template workflow to make sure there are no duplication of effort in terms of Recipients. If “Accounts Payable” is the envelope “Sender” and was added as a “Receives a Copy” at the end of the envelope workflow it would be plausible to see multiple email notifications when the envelope completed.

Hi @smccoy,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

I believe I’m having the same issue as SMCCOY and David.Schmitz isn’t quite answering the question. I don’t think the issue is duplicate notifications. It’s duplicate copies of the document sent to the signers. We use a system that generates forms directly from what is typed into certain fields in the system. We then send via DocuSign and the signers are receiving multiple copies of the same document to sign multiple times. 

Thank you for any help.

Attached is an example of what I am referring to in my previous post. Thank you!

We are also getting this same issue. Workflow is similar and users are being sent duplicate agreements. We are seeing tons of voids because of it. Started in late may. We haven’t been able to narrow it down.