Skip to main content

I understand that DS Viewer can only sign documents AND it is a paid account.

However there is also a free account for signing documents : https://www.docusign.com/en-gb/free-account

What is then the point/purpose of DS Viewer within the context of an organisation?

@VOSS

Free accounts are stand-alone and not part of an organisation. Those are commonly used for private Docusign accounts to store all documents centrally. They do not belong to your company but result in additional effort to manage and potentially close out those external accounts when the company start rolling out Docusign eSignature strategically.

Docusign Viewer is a permission often given in company accounts to restrict the user to sign only. Most enterprise customers license Docusign on an envelope base, so it does not have a cost associated with the number of users created and they could all be in one account.

Only in case of seat based licensing of Docusign eSignature, this could result in an additional cost if the additional envelopes are not used by other users of the same account.

Thank you for your answer. Is it possible change the organisation from user based to envelope based?

@VOSS 

Maybe, it depends on how many users or envelopes you have and may not be available, as it required a certain volume to be applicable. For smaller companies there is only seat based pricing available.

Please reach out to your Docusign Sales Representative to discuss commercials like this.

Hi @VOSS,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.