Skip to main content

Hi - I am an admin and one of our clients had multiple draft envelopes disappear from her draft folder a few days ago.  Is anyone aware of some sort of glitch that might have happened between January 20th and 22nd that affected the draft folder? 

I had her check her filters and her date span, they appear to be correct to view something from a few days ago. I also had her create another envelope and save it as a draft - it saved just fine today and is currently viewable in the folder.  I asked her to leave it there for now to see if everything stays where it should in the coming days.

Any insight is appreciated.

As I understand the functionality, Draft envelopes will expire after 30 days, so if the envelope was created 30 days or more ago then it may have been auto-removed when it was voided.  There is also a “send later” feature on Draft envelopes so I would check the Sent folder to make sure these envelopes weren’t sent on a specified timeline.  Otherwise, I have not heard or seen any recent issues reported regarding Draft envelopes.

Thank you, David.  These envelopes were only created 4 days ago, so the 30-day rule is out.  I will have her check the sent folder just in case.  I appreciate the quick feedback!

Hi @ALanter,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, please let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi, @Alejandro.Ramos -

It appeared to be a random glitch in that user’s system - the send later function had not been utilized in this instance.  The user was not able to recover the missing saved envelopes.

I do appreciate you explaining the use of ‘Select Best’ though.  I did not realize that was a step in the process if the answer fixed the issue.

Best,

Aimee

Hi @ALanter,

I appreciate you sharing your user’s experience.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!