Skip to main content

The recipient of the signed documents is downloading to their files and when they try to open the document at a later date, it does not open and they are going back to the original email that they receive with through docusign with the Completed documents. 

They are stating that I need to extend the expiration date of the envelope they receive, but I think that if they are downloading the file on their end, and then cannot open that document that it is an issue on their end, not necessarily with docusign or the expiration date of the envelope.

Thanks 

Thanks for reaching out!  It is difficult to troubleshoot a downloading issue without client details and access to the envelope ID, so I would encourage your signer to open a case with Docusign at support.docusign.com, as we’d likely need to review that transaction to understand potential causes.  We’ll be happy to help assist though!

As you related, if the envelope is in a Completed status, there is no expiration date to extend.  Expiration dates are only for an in-progress envelope in statuses of Needs to Sign or Waiting for Others, for example.

In my experience, most download issues can be resolved by clearing their browser cache.  They might also want to consider the application they are using to open the downloaded PDF.

I hope this helps guide you and your signer and please have an excellent day!

Hello @kworkman ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!