Skip to main content

I have a document that conditionally has one or two signers. The only person who knows whether the second signer is necessary - and what their email would be - is the first signer. 

Is there any way to accomplish this in DocuSign?
(Maybe I can use “Specify Recipient” signers with conditional routing??? I’m not sure if that’s supported though...)

@AugustZellmer Conditional Routing requires the Recipient to be known. So the first Recipient could trigger the second known Recipient by say an amount field or a checkbox but all the possible Recipient combinations need to be set in the Routing Group prior to the first Recipient filling out the envelope.

I suggest to an alternate approach which is to use a Powerform that has an “optional” second Recipient that has Powerform instructions on when that is to be filled out or left blank.  If left blank then the Recipient disappears from the envelope workflow. 

Per the following DocuSign limitations, the Recipient Type “Specify Recipient” cannot be used with Conditional Routing.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=vcu1578456483865.html&_LANG=enus

Oh good call. And I can just have a two-option radiogroup on the PowerForm to control whether the name/email of the second signer is even provided. 
Thanks!