Skip to main content

I am brand new to DocuSign.  So, I want to create a template for a retainer agreement.  I will send it to many different clients.  I need to change the client’s name, address, matter, and salutation on each agreement.  Is there a way to do this once the template is created.  I thought I could leave the spaces blank on the template, and then type the information in a text box for each agreement.  This did not work.  When I sent it to myself, all that I have typed in is still in a yellow Field Box.  So frustrated.  I wanted to do this after I created the template.  I don’t want to keep creating a template for each recipient.

@RLC Law - Yes, you can create a template as you described and pre-fill them for each client.  When you create the template, the address, matter, and salutation on each agreement can use the pre-filled tags found under Pre-fill Tools (Use Text fields and label them under the Data Label).  The system will prompt you to fill them before you send the envelope.  The Client name can be one of the standard fields.  

Hi @RLC Law,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.