Skip to main content

In rarity during DOCUSIGN RETRIEVE execution the INDEX.CSV that gets created with the retreived information of rows in the INDEX.CSV is placing "CR" characters following each mentioned field of INDEX.CSV versus the single LF character at end or line row.  The result is that when the INDEX.CSV is processed later to place documents to FASTDOCS thru an SQL middleware process, this halts up the process causing a fail since the CR characters are unexpected.  We have to go in the INDEX.CSV and remove the “cr” characters to cause a normal row line.   This happens rarely. We have been told that our ENVELOPE FIELDS are being passed with these extra characters resulting in the RETRIEVE misbehaving in the INDEX.CSV create of each row, but we have validated we are not.  So,  we think it is occuring during the “FINISH” step of the person reviewing the DOCUSIGN document by possibly a different device such as ANDROID or IPHONE in web browser versus a FINISH step using a PC desktop browser that causing the CERTIFICATE file to mess up too with extra mention of spacing CR occurrence when printing.  Anyone else?

Hi @Dale Haverkamp,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that the rows processed by Docusign Retrieve are including the “cr” characters at the end of them, but I will assist in locating the root cause of the issue.

I noticed that you opened a support case and are currently following up with one of our engineers.

Based on their findings I understand that the root cause might not be directly related to Retrieve. Taking this into consideration, the best course of action will be continuing to investigate with them, as a live contact will be the best contact method to perform the necessary tests.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Moderator - please close this topic,  Resolved with a python script to remove the CR occurs before using INDEX.CSV downstream

Hi @Dale Haverkamp,

I hope you are doing well.

I appreciate you sharing the solition to your issue.

I would like to leave the post available to community users, and marking it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!