Skip to main content

I have a text field that is validated as a date MM/dd/yyyy for the signer to enter.  I am having trouble creating a formula that will add 6 months to the date entered by the signer.   There is not much information online that specifies how to do this.  I have tried using the autocomplete to help create a formula and that is not working either. 

@CCO Medical

You want to leverage the AddMonths() formula: AddMonths((Text Field],6)

Replace “Text Field” with the actual Data Label of the input field for the signer.

Please see the following DocuSign Support Article for details:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=gne1578456360501.html&_LANG=nlnl

I am still not able to get it to work. 

This is the date field that I am using in place of the “ Text Field]:

This is the formula I entered:

It says no results after entering the formula.  I tested the formula in preview by entering a date and it is still not calculating anything. 

@CCO Medical Preview does not calculate Formula outcomes, best option is to send this envelope to yourself as a test and validate the field formula output.

I believe Preview should calculate formulas but that has never been the case as long as I have used that Preview function.

David, 

Thank you so much for your help.  I tried using the formula with a real envelope, as you suggested, and still not working: 

@CCO Medical At a minimum you got a value rather then the default “Fx” let me try this Formula in a Template and see what I can troubleshoot.

@CCO Medical I tried this very setup (with one slight variation) and I do get the appropriate results. So I would make two suggestions. On the Data Labels for your Date fields remove the spaces and make the Data Label more simple. I used “Date1” as seen in my formula.  Spacing in the formula should not matter but its a variable that we could remove. Also for this specific test I would remove the Data duplication, at least for the test.  This is where you have two fields set to data labels that are exactly the same, perhaps that may be creating an issue, but I suggest just for testing to set the Data Label to be unique for each field such as Date1 and Date2, retest the formula set on Date1, see if it sets correctly then proceed back to the same data label and retest.

AddMonths( oDate1] , 6)

@David.Schmitz 

The spacing seems to be what the issue was.  I simplified my data label for the date field, removing all spaces, and IT WORKED!!!!  Thank you so very much!!!

@CCO Medical Glad I was able to assist.