Skip to main content

Does anyone know how to disable the download setting that opens documents from Docusign as Adobe Reader? Recently, every time I open a download from Docusign it doesn’t give me the option and just opens in Adobe reader, when in the past it opened with my preferred PDF application. My organization does not use Adobe and has another application (which I prefer). Does anyone know how to disable this or change?

@corinnetrotter - The issue you’re experiencing is likely due to the default PDF viewer setting on your computer.  Not really a DocuSign issue.  In Windows, you can navigate to the Settings → Default apps and choose the default App by file type.  In this case, PDF.   You can then change the default app.

It sounds like your default program for opening PDF files was changed. To change your default program for opening PDFs ton a Windows machine, follow these instructions. For Mac, see the “Permanently change...” section here.

Hello @corinnetrotter ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Adobe cannot open the W-4 template.  Does anyone know how I can do that?

Hello @Kmetcalf ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Are you getting some sort of error?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!