Skip to main content

Hi guys,

I am trying to sign a document but when its time to verify my identity the app says that the document type or origin is not accepted.

I am using a Canadian passport or a Canadian driving license and neither are working despite being in the list of supported documents.

Any idea how to solve this issue, why would that not work?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, @Iddha 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

When you try to use your document (Passport or Driver License) do you get any error message?

Perhaps the sender for the envelope used a type of ID Verification not valid for Canadian citizen. 

I suggest to you read this article then contact the sender. He/she can ask for help to our support team then set correctly the options for IDV checking.

eSignature - ID Verification

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=ced1643229641057&topicId=zfu1578456528197.html&_LANG=enus

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Yes I do get a error message that says the type or origin of the document is not accepted.

I can show you a screen shot but it’s in french

Thanks for your reply, I do think that the type of ID Verification not valid for Canadian citizen is probably the problem. That would make a lot a sense

Hello @Iddha ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that your ID methods are not working as needed, I understand you have a Canadian passport and Canadian driver license but neither are working.

Unfortunately, the process and validation of the ID is system automated I would advise you contact the sender of the envelope to resend the document or to the change the verification method used on the envelope. I also recommend you contact the Ariadnext (which is the system we use to verify the document) to inquire about the issue why your passport is not accepted.

If the sender is using ID Verification, there is an option to manually review the ID document, please have them view the following article: Manually Review IDs That Failed Automatic Verification

You can find the list of countries and their accepted IDs in the following article: List of Countries and IDs Eligible for ID Verification simple signatures advanced signatures and eIDs

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue