Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

This may have been answered, but I am just looking for clarity.

My organization will  be purchasing the “Standard” plan with multiple users in multiple departments. 

1. How are my documents kept “unseen” by other departments (ie, I am in HR)? 
  2. Does each user have their own unique password and can only see their own documents?
  3. Does the “Administrator” of the entire plan set out who sees what in each department?

Clarity on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Patricia

Hello @Pat.Sinka,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you have a couple of questions regarding document visibility.

Below you may find the answers:

1. Documents are not shown unless you as the sender or the administrator on the account shares them with another user.
  2. That is correct, look at it this was, a plan is a group of separate accounts managed by a single person (the admin) so you would only be able to see your envelopes and not the other users envelopes.
  3. Right, as mentioned previously only you as the sender or the admin can share envelopes (Manage Shared Access to Envelopes)

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

@Pat.Sinka Just to add on one note. Envelopes that are sent are added into the Sent folder of the Sender within DocuSign.  Admins can gain access to these envelopes through global reports as well as sharing envelopes.  Also remember that Recipients in the workflow get that envelope in their User “Inbox” if they “need to sign” or are set a other Recipient Roles such as “receives a copy”. It is important to be mindful of all the Recipients and use caution based on the details of the document using either document visibility or just not adding Recipients who aren’t necessary to the envelope workflow.  Envelopes can always be forwarded later or shared if needed.

Also “shared envelopes is an all or nothing.  I always look to a Supervisor or Manager for approval as you may need some envelopes shared but there can be others that you do not want seen and unfortunately there are no options currently with shared envelopes to define out just specific envelopes or folders.  There are options to limit what the shared user can do when viewing other user’s envelopes.

Hello @Pat.Sinka ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!