Skip to main content

How do I stop Docusign from changing the name of my PDF when it returns to me?

Eg: Docusign Contract 06-12-2024  (on return the name is ACGFBDZ23498AGFCBGKJNFLKDJLNFD)

Why does it do this, its so time consuming to rename everything on download after signatures are complete.

Jackie

Hi @jdallamore !

This is not a expect behavior from our platform. Could you please provide more details how are you downloading your documents?

Can you this this steps below and check if the result is the same?

1. After login in your account, go to Agreements menu (on the top);
  2. Localize one Completed (status) envelope;
  3. Click on Download;
  4. Select Document only and then click on Download.

Let me know if this solution works for you!

Hi @jdallamore,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that your document is being renamed upon completion, but I will help you get to the bottom of the issue.

DocuSign eSignature should not rename documents in an envelope, unless these have been downloaded as a “Combined” PDF. In this scenario the name will reflect the envelope’s subject.

Have you verified if the document’s name is changed when the envelope is sent, or, does it only happen when all recipients have completed their action?

Also, how are you creating your envelopes?

I would like to confirm in specific if you are starting your envelopes in Agreements>Start>Envelopes>Send an Envelope.

In the meantime you will want to try again using a different device, network, and browser. Please try these options separately, as they may lead us to the root cause of the issue.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!