Skip to main content

i was given a pop-up to watch a video about new data verification fields. but i’m wondering what the technical difference is between that and putting certain formatting requirements on a field. The video example was about a phone number. But let’s say for a routing number it needs to be 9 digits. how would the data verification field be different than just requiring that the entry be a number with 9 digits? Is this just a different way to do the same thing?

Hi @Firefly,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to compare our new Data Verification feature against the original text validation option, and I will provide you with more details on the topic. The main difference between Data Verification and text validation is that the first will actually confirm if the phone number exists, not just if the text entered in the field follows a phone number format. For more details on how to work with Phone Number Data Verification, see:

Example: Enable Phone Number Data Verification Fields

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

oh gotcha! that could be helpful. Thanks.