Skip to main content

I want to create a powerform similar to this

imageThe first role should be able to open the document, fill in required fields and then push finish and have the form sent to the signer they select (which is the second role). The third role would receive a copy. I have been able to figure out the 2nd and 3rd role but can not successfully figure out the 1st role. For the first role I have been selecting "allow to edit" but all it does is allow them to open it and then ask them to select the signer, it will not allow them to fill in the document.

• I want the first role to be "person filling out document"
  • I want them to be able to fill in document but not sign
  • I do not want the pop up that occurs once the document is open that ask them to select a signer since they filled that in on the first page of the powerform document.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I understand that you are looking to allow your first recipient to fill out all document fields in your envelope minus the signature tags and I will gladly walk you through the process to set this up.

In order to allow for the first recipient to fill out these fields, you will need to set the recipient role to "Needs to Sign" and assign the concerned fields to it during the document tagging step.

Afterward, you can assign the signature fields to the second signer. This can be accomplished by switching the recipient assigned to existing tags through the field properties menu located at the right side of the screen, or by selecting a different recipient for new fields on the Standard Fields Menu located at the top left corner of the screen.

For detailed steps on how to change your field's recipient, see:

Add Fields to Documents

Basic field properties

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hello Team,

Is there a way to make all the recipients mandatory, currently its only first recipient which is mandatory by default.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thank you.

To make a recipient required you have to select Customize- Advanced Settings- “Don’t allow senders to delete recipient”

This took me forever to figure out, so I’m hoping this post helps you and others like us.