Skip to main content

We have recently upgraded to be able to use the Document Visibility function, which is great. However, I’ve hit a problem - if an envelope recipient is CC (Receives A Copy), the default is that they can see all docs in the envelope. There will be times when we want to hide certain docs from them - for example, where the CC recipient is outside our organisation and the envelope contains some internal information. We know that we can change the visibility for the CC, but it’s a manual task that the Sender has to remember to do. Is there a way to set the default Document Visibility settings for a CC to “off” rather than “on”?

Thanks in advance!

@GeorgieG

Unfortunately, there is no switch so change the default behaviour from “on” to “off” for CC recipients. You already stated correctly that you need to manually untick the boxes to prevent them of getting the documents. In the end this needs to be part of your user enablement to create awareness to double check this when using document visibility. 

I have worked with customers that used templates to set document visibility correctly for a specific workflow. When using the template and replacing the documents it is important that you use the “Replace document” function to retain the checkboxes. If you delete a document and add a new one, the new document will be visible to all CC recipients per default again. Like I mentioned before, this needs to be part of the right user enablement, but can save time and prevent manual errors when set up and used correctly.

Hello @GeorgieG ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!