Skip to main content

I have a DocuSign template with three fields.

• Country Dropdown (with 30+ values)
  • State Dropdown (to be shown only if the country selected value is "United States of America"
  • State Text (to be shown if any other country value gets selected)

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 11.04.48 AMI am not able to achieve this using the current conditional rule. Please let me know if there is a way to accomplish this in DocuSign. Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

You can set up the conditional fields with the states drop-down, however, if a different country is selected you would have to add a text box for each of those countries, create a conditional rule for them and stack them up in the same place: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=iqw1578456520131.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you, @Nathaly Monge​ , for the quick response.

We have docusign-api to capture these values, which gets selected either on dropdown or text fields;

Adding text boxes for each of those countries is not a feasible solution. Please let me know if we have any other alternative.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Unfortunately, there isn't any other way to accomplish what you are trying to do using the dropdowns, however, you can try using two text boxes instead of dropdowns and that way the system or the recipients can enter the Country's name as well as the State manually.

If your envelope is using DocuSign API, we have a Developer Community that you can access by clicking the link below:

https://developers.docusign.com/support/ 

From the Developer Support homepage, you’ll be able to submit questions to DocuSign devs and customers via Stack Overflow and create a Support case that will go directly to a qualified developer for assistance. 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!