Skip to main content

Travel form.  When the traveler returns the form needs to be reconciled.  One of the boxes has amount which may $0 or greater.  If the amount is >0 then we need the budget manager to complete the docusign, however if the amount blank or zero then I want the form to bypass the BM.  Is this possible?  The other thing is the amount is not attached to the BM as its reconciled by a different person.

@DanGarTx

Yes, this is possible and can be resolved with a feature called Conditional Routing. In your case you probably want to set up a formula to sum up the boxes. Then create a rule that if the total amount >0 it should be routed to the BM. If the rule is not true, meaning the amount is 0, is will not be routed to the BM. Make sure you have the recipient routing order activated and the conditional BM has it’s own number to avoid it being send out to the BM and the next recipient in parallel.

Note:  Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.

Link to the DocuSign Support article: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=aqm1578456487908.html&_LANG=enus

I am familiar with creating conditional routing, but we could have 50 or 60 minimum budget managers since we are a school district.  When I add the recipients I need to add specific people in order to create the  document routing.  I am not sure if I could create a dropdown to create the same effect.  

Yes, you need to know the names upfront and set them on the template. You can add a dropdown with the names of the budget managers, which is conditional to the formula. Then add rules and link right recipient to the signature workflow. This would mean that the person filling out the boxes would need to know who the correct BM is and select them from the dropdown.

The following DocuSign Support article has details on requirements and considerations: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=vcu1578456483865.html&_LANG=enus

Hello @DanGarTx ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you