Skip to main content

My PowerForm completion emails are pulling the messages I set in "Custom email and language for each recipient" so that once the form is complete, the message no longer makes sense. Ie: "Your form is in progress and has been forwarded to the next signer."

We would also like to customize the "needs changes" email when edits are marked up. Currently it's repeating the same message where I state signer 1's form is in progress.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

You can edit the completed email's wording by editing the Resource files, see page 92 (please keep in mind that Resource files may or may not be enabled on your account): https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=docusign-email-resource-file-guide&topicId=docusign-email-resource-file-guide.pdf&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you. What about the emails sent when changes are requested? That is pulling the same text.

Also, my broader question is why does the completed document email not just say "this document is complete", why is it pulling the text from "customize message for each recipient"?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

I was testing to see if I was able to reproduce the issue you are having, but I failed to do so, is the PowerForm set up as direct? You can confirm this by going to Manage > PowerForm > Select the dropdown next to Download > Edit > Options > "Require email validation" is not checked.

Best regards,

Another example: I open the form to begin and the email message is displayed at the top of the PowerForm.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

What you are experiencing is actually by design if a private message and/or a custom email message is being used for the first signer (the initiator) of the PowerForm, this message will show on top, on the banner when accessing the PowerForm link in case the option of "Send completed email to embedded signers" is disabled. In case it is enabled, it will show in both scenarios.

If you do not want it to show at all, you can remove it from the resource files, this feature might or might not be available for the account plan (please keep in mind that the custom email message, if removed from the resource file, it will remove it from all other envelopes sent from the account as well):

Page 28 (wording on banner): https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=docusign-signing-resource-file-guide&topicId=docusign-signing-resource-file-guide.pdf&_LANG=enus

Page 92 (wording on completed email): https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=docusign-email-resource-file-guide&topicId=docusign-email-resource-file-guide.pdf&_LANG=enus

Best regards,