Skip to main content

Once an envelope is completed the email notification includes the signed documents. How can these be encrypted if they contain confidential information?

Thank you.

Hi,

You have the option of removing the attached copy of the completed document from the email. In Admin, go to "Signing Settings" and uncheck "Attach documents to completed email".  If you remove the attached document, and want to add another layer of security, consider adding (https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-recipient-authentication) recipient authentication ; you can even configure your authentication settings so that certain recipients have to pass authentication just to view the document after it's signed. 

If you still want the completed document attached, but want to hide sensitive information, try (https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-field-types) hiding the text with asterisks.

Hope that helps! 

Hi, thank you! This is just what I was looking for I knew it had to be a setting of some sort. I'll talk with my team and get it updated.

Best, Leanna

Hello, I have a question in the same area so adding it to this post.

We have a document management system connected to Docusign. The (local) application user is the Sender in Docusign. So all notification emails from Docusign are send out from this 'application' user.

We also have regular users defined in Docusign for the cases when the document is not originating from our document management system.

Or Docusign Account is configured to send a notification mail to the 'Sender' on Envelope completeness and attaches the signed version with the Summary.

Question: Can we Switch off this behaviour for our 'Application' user only and leave the other Users configured as it is today?

Thanks in advance already and kind regards, Tom

Perfect answer to my question on how to continue receiving the email notifications without attached documents. Thank you Amy!

Hi Amy, from admin page, I cannot find the "Signing Settings", could you advise the route? Thanks!