Skip to main content
Question

Clauses inserted during the signoff

• 21 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello Folks,

I would like to confirm if it’s possible for some clauses to be inserted “on the fly” during the signoff and pdf document generation? The reason I am asking is recently I signed a services contract with a consultancy firm and magically two clauses appeared in the generated pdf but they were not there when I was reading the contract Has anyone seen this before? If so, that’s very unfortunate. The clauses that were inserted were kind of “draconian” of course as I would never agree to them.

Thank you.

Hi. It is possible that owners of an envelope can use platform functionality to amend a document in the period between the first signatory signing a document and the final signatory / document being completed, which is not readily evident from the face of the document, and didn’t used to be recorded on the certificate of completion. It was something discovered where I work and we spoke to DocuSign about it who worked with us to address this. You can now download a copy of the envelope after you have signed so if someone modified the document after you, you will have the before and after copies. There is also an enhancement made to the completion certificate where if any changes have been made it will be evident, although this is only a line alerting you to the fact that a change has taken place, not what the change was. DocuSign told us that it was not possible for them to make architectural changes to the point where the CoC gives narrative about what was changed. 

Hope this helps.

Hello @Karen at CMS ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!