Skip to main content

It seems like the most basic thing here but i cant order an API plan.  I am currently on

eSignatureStandard

An i want to upgrade to an API plan.  I am attaching a screenshots here, it doesnt present an option to order an API plan?  

How do i upgrade to an API plan?   2 screenshots are here. The first one is “logged out” the 2nd one is “logged in”     Can someone please help?

Hi @njsnowboarder,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

The reason why this option is not present whenever you attempt to change your plan is that it is not compatible with your account type. Developer account types will have certain limitations that other web accounts will not be subject to, such as removing the option of creating more than 1 user.

You are welcome to create a second account with the plan needed, under certain circumstances you might be able to re-use your email address.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

I just went through the process of using a “developer” account and publishing an api integration with “Go-Live” to my live account.  Now its live through the “go-live” process and want to signup for an API plan. I cant do that?

Why does the system allow me to “go-live” with an API integration to an account that isnt able to upgrade to the API Plan?  That would make zero sense?

I suggest you switch and subscribe the plan from DocuSign partner if you can send more than 500 envelopes in one year. it is charge by envelopes not by users. thanks.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

This morning,  I went and setup a new separate email and ordered the api plan / paid annually upfront and went through the whole developer API process again to setup and “go live” with a new API and new integrator key and new login.  bit of a hassle here, but not a big deal. I purchased the API plan with 100 envelopes a month. 

I still see a message on the top of the docusign login screen now that i have no envelopes left even though I just purchased the plan annually for 100 envelopes a month with a brand new account? I have 2 screenshots here one is sign on page, and another is a screenshot of my invoice , can you please explain? 

it seems like a such a basic function too. I order the plan and pay for it and it alerts you that you no longer have any envelopes and to please upgrade?

When i click on upgrade now link in the screenshot to send to others, it takes me to the API ordering page where intermediate and advanced are only options. But I just ordered the basic plan for a 100 envelopes a month and sent 1 envelope through the api to just confirm everything was good with the “go-live” process. so I should have at least 99 envelopes for the month.

can I ONLY send envelopes with the API ONLY now and thats why its prompting me?  or something else?

Hi @njsnowboarder,

Thank you for following up.

As mentioned by @Hengfeng Ge, most of our partners working with integrations benefit from switching from our standard web billing model, to a customized direct agreement with us. So we can take a closer look at this scenario, contacting our Sales team at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can provide you with the best setup for your use case at the best cost available will be the best path to follow. You can request a callback from a Sales Representative by filling out the form provided below:

Contact Sales

Regarding the issue with the new plan purchase, some times a new plan upgrade might take some time to be fully reflected on the dashboard. If your Account Activity Report does not reflect 100 envelopes being sent since you purchased your new plan, the banner should disappear within the next 24 hours. It is important to note that API are not designed to have the user directly interact with the eSignature dashboard, and are expected to be used through API calls only. 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

​Hi @njsnowboarder,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!