Skip to main content

I lost access to a Google account that is associated with a Google Voice number.  When i registered my email address for a free Docusign account so I could sign documents from my accountant, etc. (who has a Docusign corporate account), I used the Google Voice number, specifying SMS. I still can receive phone calls on the number but because I cannot login, I cannot see SMS sent to me.  When I attempt to login, it tells me to try again when I have access to the phone number (which I don’t ever expect to get).

Is there a way to get Docusign to change the 2FA setting on my account from SMS to phone call?  Can my accountant, which has a corporate subscription to Docusign contact Docusign support and somehow get me access?

I have other email addresses, so solving my immediate problem is easy, but I really would like to recover my Docusign account.

Note the same userid and password is required for this community forum, but it doesn’t use the same 2FA mechanism.

Hello, hquacken

Yes, it’s possible.

When someone send an envelope to you asking for a 2FA, it’s possible to select Add ID Verification then select Phone Authentication. See the figure:

When you receive the email notification with the Review Document yellow button, click on it then a popup window will show up giving you two options SMS and Phone Authentication, select the second one so you will receive a phone call with the token to be used.

I hope that helps, if so, please mark this answer as the “Best Answer”.

Thank you!

Alexandre