Skip to main content

I have an account opening agreement with an option to have a second signer as an additional account holder. So far, I can’t figure out a way to leave that area as optional. If I setup two signers, it requires both to be filled out. So I have created a separate agreement for the single signer and one for multiple.

If possible, I would like to run it all through the same document. Is there a way to do this?

Hello @neptuneglobal ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sad to say that it is not possible to have an optional signer, you can have optional fields but not an optional signer.

However, we invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Just a note - it is possible. I was able to implement this using power forms. You can optionally include a second signer in the form that pops up when going to the link. Depending on the response there, it either kicks you into a single party form or sends an email to the other signer. Tested several times and it works exactly how I wanted it to.

For sending envelopes, there doesn’t appear to be a way. I had to create a single party agreement and two party one.

Hello @neptuneglobal ,

Thank you for reaching back. 

You are correct, it slipped my mind, my apologies.

Please do note that that PowerForms require the first signer to remian blank, however, you can just provide the link. For normal envelopes there isn’t a way to do so.

For other users that are also interested in PowerForms, you can find more information in the following link: What is a PowerForm?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!