Skip to main content

How can we prevent a signer from accessing a completed document via the link that is sent in the envelope completed notification email?   This is pertaining to HIPAA compliance.

Hello 

It's not possible to customize which recipients receive the "envelope completed" email in DocuSign. The inclusion of signed documents as attachments in this email is controlled by an account-wide setting and cannot be adjusted on a per-envelope or per-recipient basis. Disabling document attachments in these emails doesn't restrict recipient access as completed documents can still be viewed through the email link or during the signing process.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21534024/how-to-exclude-a-signer-from-receiving-the-completed-signed-email

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue and mark it as resolved

Thanks & Regards

Sai HariPriya Dandamudi | Developer Support Engineer | DocuSign

Hi @stressed,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.