Skip to main content

We are wondering if “Needs to View” command has a certain condition to show under the “Needs to Sign” options.

Our situation is “Needs to View” shows only using template. If we make envelop without template, there is no option there. So far, we can’t find any difference or something related this situation but template.

We usually use this function before a signer who are representative of a company so that the representative can sign without considering because internal person checked before sign.

It would be appreciated if you could let us know the reason. If this information is not enough I will add. Thank you for your support.

@Yukiko 

Please check if this recipient role is enabled in the Admin Settings -> Sending Settings:

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Yes, as you guess, the first box is not checked. So, if I check the box, can we use “Needs to View” without template?

@Yukiko 

The only relevant box is the “Enable needs to view role”, which I can see it checked in your screenshot.

You should be able to use the “Needs to view” role with and without a template from that account.

The first entry is for witness signing, which is a a different role and is not related and can be unchecked.

Sorry, I thought if all checked, they would work.

By the way, let me explain little bit more details. I am granted 2 accounts from my company. I had a user account, but admin account is granted after a while.

Admin account is NOT used for sending envelop, so I don’t care so much (but I just found now this account can’t send an envelope without using template).

My user account can’t get “Needs to View” as attached after all. 

@Yukiko 

The two accounts could be configured differently, as this is an account-wide setting. Please check with one of the Administrators of the account you want to send from. They need to check the box to enable this role.

I found another fact. As I mentioned, I was granted Administrator’s account from my company besides my user account. I manage my local (country’s) user accounts under my Administrator’s account. So, do you think, my user account is not controlled by myself but my main office Administrators’? Is that make sense of only my user account can’t use “Needs to view” role??? 

Hi @Yukiko,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Sorry for leaving this matter but it was solved by my main office as I guessed.
Now, I am wondering how I can give Michael “best answer” of this question. 

Hi @Yukiko,

I hope you are doing well.

You can "Select as Best" below  the post if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you, Chris!
Now I clicked the best reply which remind me my account is managed by main office in abroad.

Thank you ALL!