Skip to main content

Hi, we are trying to assign Admin roles and need to know if DS Admin can view and download all envelopes? When we test the DS Admin role, it seems like the access does not allow us to view and download any documents / envelopes sent out and signed by our company users unless shared access is granted. If User resigns and we don’t have access to their envelopes, then the documents will be lost forever?

PS: We are not using CLM.

@Ueirin 

Yes, you are able to access all envelopes that were sent from the DocuSign Account with DS Admin privileges. You can leverage the DocuSign eSignature API or grant your self access via the Web App.

DocuSign Administrators can set up shared access, as you stated correctly in your post. They are also able to transfer envelopes between user accounts. This is probably the standard feature to leverage when someone leave the company and you want to make the envelopes available to their successor.

Hello @Ueirin ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi, I am the Admin of my account and I used to be able to see all envelopes all my users sent.
However, since the UX changed, I cannot see it anymore.

The only option now is to add all users, one by one, to shared activity and look for it.
This is a painful process.

Also, before I could go to the filter and select "sent by" or "sent to", which I cannot do anymore.

Anyone knows how to have the old Admin functionalities back? 

Hello @Amanda Sborgi ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand that you would like to see the envelopes of all your users from your account. I’m sorry to hear that the sharing process has been frustrating for you.

An admin can get an envelope report and check all the envelopes. Also, there is a backend feature that adds a link to the envelopes when running a report, you would just click on the subject and open the envelope. You can also add the envelope ID after the last slash on this link: https://apps.docusign.com/send/documents/details/

Other than that, the admin will not see any users documents physically displayed on their account unless the go through the process of sharing and going into the users manage tab directly: Manage Shared Access to Envelopes

If you’re the DocuSign Admin of a corporate plan and have questions about enabling a feature or if it’s available, please reach out to your DocuSign Account Executive/Manager. S/he will be able to provide guidance, information and pricing. 

However, If you are a DocuSign Web customer and are the DocuSign Administrator on the account (no assigned Account Executive/Manager), you should reach out to our Sales org at https://www.docusign.com/contact-sales or 1-877-720-2040. 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!