Skip to main content

Hi

I have just taken over administration of our eSignature Business Pro Edition -
Seat Subscription-Seats 
subscription.

Currently there is only 1 seat with 1 user.  When I navigate to Users and Groups → Users I see an option to add Seats but no option to add Users.

From looking at the DocuSign web page that describes the features of Business Pro Edition it states:

Add multiple users
Share the power of Docusign. Add colleagues to send and manage agreements all on one account. If you need to purchase a plan for more than 50 users, please contact sales.

How do I add additonal users?

Thanks

@FAAA 

It sounds like you only have 1 seat and therefore, you can only add 1 user to your Docusign eSignature account. You need to purchase additional seat before you can add additional users to those seats.

One seat equals one user, but you are able to manage the users, e.g. remove a user and add someone else if a user leaves your company. You cannot add up 50 users to a single seat, which I think this was the misunderstanding.

The Docusign web plans support the purchase of up to 50 seats via self-service equal to 50 users. For more than 50 users reach out to Sales, as there is different pricing available.

@Michael.Rave Thanks for the detailed reply.  So why is it that when I go to https://ecom.docusign.com/en-AU/plans-and-pricing and then click on Show All Features and then I click on Add multiple users a pop-up states:

Add multiple users
Share the power of Docusign. Add colleagues to send and manage agreements all on one account. If you need to purchase a plan for more than 50 users, please contact sales.

I only have one account so why can’t I add users?  It doesn’t refer to seats, only to an account.

I have been searching for, but can’t find a definitiative statement that clearly states the relationship between seats and users.

​Hi @FAAA,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

I’m having the same problem and frankly feel this was a bait and switch on docusign’s part.  

Hi @TLB,

Thank you for making us aware of this situation.

The reason why it is specified that this plan in specific supports the creation of multiple users is that there are other plans, such as the Developer plans, that will only support 1 user per account.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!