Skip to main content

I have a business account, and need to send a document to a group of 75 people.  When it’s complete, it should be 1 document with all 75 signatures next to each person’s name.  I understand how to set up a bulk send, but how do the signature fields get added for a large group?  It doesn’t seem to show the individual names when I attempt to add the 75 signature fields, just the 1 for “bulk send”, which means each person is going to see all 75 signature blocks and think they have to sign all of them.  Can someone tell me the steps to add the signature fields once my CSV file is uploaded?

@ATaylor - There is not a “bulk” feature to add 75 signatures to the same document you need to add the name and the signature tag of all 75 recipients (The limit is 100).    Let me know if I understand your request correctly. 

@JohnSantos My document is a list with each person’s name, and a line next to it each name for their signature and date.  I need to have everyone sign the document next to their name, so I will end up with 1 document containing 75 signatures.  I’ve created the CSV and all the names appear correct.  Then when I go in to add the signature blocks to the document, there are no individual names in the pull down menu on the left.  It just says “Role 1” in the pull down menu.  How will each person know where to sign?  (This isn’t an issue when I manually send to multiple recipients.  Their names appear in the pull down menu).  If I add 75 identical “Role 1” signature blocks next to each name, it requires the signer to sign ALL 75 blocks, because they’re not individually named.  How can I get everyone’s signature on 1 document??

@ATaylor - You don't need to use a CSV file because a bulk send is designed for sending multiple documents, each to a single signer. From what I understand, you're looking to add 75 signers to the same document, right? If that's the case, you can create a template that includes all 75 recipients, each assigned to a different role (Role 1, Role 2, Role 3, etc.). Does that make sense?

@JohnSantos Not really.  I used to be able to upload a CSV file, and all the names would be right there ready to add to the document.  Now creating a template for a 1 time document is the only way, and I STILL will have to enter all the names manually into it.  This seems like an added, unnecessary step, and doesn’t save any time.

So the only way is to create a template, manually add 75 names and email addresses, then add the signature blocks 1 by 1, and then send?  I might as well just start with a regular envelope for multiple signers, and add all the names there.  Why make a template to do the same thing? There has to be a better way!

@ATaylor - Maybe you are looking for the Contacts import feature?   You can go to your Preferences under your profile to import your contacts so they are available to use on your DocuSign account.

I have them in my contacts already.  I still have to go through the hassle of manually adding each one to the recipient list.  I’m not saving any time.  The old Bulk List send feature was so much better and so much more convenient.  This adds unnecessary multiple steps and time to a task that used to take about 5 min to complete.  

There clearly isn’t a time saving solution for large lists any more.  Thumbs down, Docusign.

@ATaylor - 

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience. I don’t think it was ever the case, but I understand how you might think this makes your workflow more complicated.

I recommend you contact DocuSign customer support for potential solutions or workarounds to help streamline your process.

Hello @ATaylor ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!