Skip to main content

I am setting up Azure AD Provisioning, following https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/docusign-provisioning-tutorial NOTE: this is not SSO with JIT provisioning; this is SCIM-based periodic provisioning by Azure AD.

I'm getting stuck at making Azure AD authenticate to DocuSign. I tried using two different accounts; both are Org Admins and e-Signature Admins, do not have 2-step verification turned on, have a Login Policy that allows password auth, and Device Verification is also disabled for them.

Did anyone have any luck setting this up already?

2020-09-25_12-49-04

Any hints are welcome! 🙂

Root cause found: the Azure AD Gallery App for DocuSign makes API calls only to the PRODUCTION DocuSign API. I was trying to (first) set this up with a Developer Sandbox account, thus the authentication failed.

Btw., I was able to resolve this with the quick help of Microsoft Support; DocuSign Support was disappointingly unhelpful and referred me to the sales team to buy Professional Services...

Hello,​ could you elaborate on how the Microsoft Support was able to help you? We know this kind of request can take some time of troubleshooting I'd like to point them directly to the solution so we save time.

Thanks in advance,

Hello - Just wanted to know how microsoft was able to assist. We are also running into the same issue and just need to validate if they just informed you that this does not work with demo environments or if they resolved the connection?

same here

I had a similar issue.

The account was an admin, but, what i overlooked was the permission profile assigned for eSignature.

Once i changed this to be a DS Admin (from DS Viewer) the credentials worked for SCIM.