Skip to main content

I am trying to use templates for the first time to circulate policies for signature to employees.  I created the template, inserted a role name area to fill in on sending, attached the files and created the fields and saved the template.  When I went to use the template, I inserted the name and email of who it was going to and pressed send and received a message something like “You must create the 1 pre-fill field of Sender”.

Can someone point me in the right direction for this?

MORE INFORMATION - apparently the issue was I as trying to use radio buttons requiring the user to select one option or the other but it would  present the error that I must create the 1 pre-fill field of Sender.  By default it was set to mandatory and once I removed that, I did not receive the error.  I want it to be mandatory that one of the two options is selected.  How do I do that?

Hi @BrendaH,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to send your envelope due to this error, but I will assist you in solving it.

The error you reference is triggered by a Pre-Fill field in your document, these fields are expected to be completed by the sender and not the recipient. Because of this reason you are able to send your envelope if you set it as optional. 

To correct this behavior you will need to delete the radio group you created and drop a new one from the Standard Fields pallette, offered at the left side of the screen during the envelope or template creation/correction process.

For more details on how to add fields to your document, see:

Add Fields to Documents

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!