Skip to main content

Basically, I do not want user to "Add Contact" or "Bulk Import". How to make sure these 2 buttons / functions are unavailable to the user?

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 2.12.25 PM

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Unfortunately, the ability to add contacts or to bulk import them is not available at the moment, all users will have access to create their contacts.

Feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

We’ll provide it to the Product team that is closely aligned with the area associated with the feedback. They will review it and determine next steps.

In the near future, we will have a Community section that is dedicated to customer suggestions/feedback. You all will have the ability to upvote on what’s important and needed. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen in order to submit your idea.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thanks for the feedback!

I read a statement from DocuSign Support about permission settings for address books. The statement says that there are 4 types of permission settings, and that if I grant the "Use Shared Only" permission to users, they will only be able to use the shared contacts, but not create personal contacts. Is this correct?

And how can I grant the access in Docusign?​

msg124314877-16425

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Yes, that is correct, the "Use Shared Only" only allows users to use contacts created by someone else and not create them. This can be done by creating a copy of the DS Sender permission set and marking that option, once created you can change the permission set on your users to the newly created one: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=eat1583277361347.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!