Skip to main content

Use Case # 1 - Template\\PowerForm exists in Production Account

1. Template\\PowerForm is modified in Demo Account & needs to be promoted to Production Account
  2. Changes are just to the underlying document associated with the Template\\PowerForm

Use Case # 2 - Template\\PowerForm exists in Production Account

1. Template\\PowerForm is modified in Demo Account & needs to be promoted to Production Account
  2. Changes are to the underlying document associated with the Template\\PowerForm & also to the document fields placed on the associated document

Use Case # 3 - Template\\PowerForm exists in Production Account

2. Changes are to the underlying document associated with the Template\\PowerForm & also to the document fields placed on the associated document
  3. Template\\PowerForm is related to a CLM workflow

Thanks,

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know if there are Best Practices\\Procedures\\Whitepapers on how to migrate an updated\\changed Template\\PowerForm from a lower (Demo\\Test) Account to a Production Account.

Currently, since the Demo and the Production are two separate environments, we still do not have the option to promote changes of templates directly from Demo to Prod, the only way will be either replicating the changes on Prod or downloading the template from the Demo and upload it on the Prod environment.

More information at https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=xry1643227563338&topicId=opp1578456626879.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Christopher, Thanks for your quick response & your answer to my question. Do you know of any plans from DocuSign to add functionality to make the promotion process more straightforward? Thanks, Jim O'Brien

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, we currently do not have any plans that could suit you with this, you might want to explore the option to create an API for it if possible, however, we thank you for this feedback. It will be provided to the appropriate team for review and action will be taken as needed.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Christopher, Thanks again for your quick response to my question. Also, thanks for the suggestion about using an API for this function. We will explore that as a possible option. Thanks, Jim O'Brien